Monday, November 11, 2013

Baby Journal: Day 25

Dear Diary,

Today I had the most disturbing experience. I woke up in the afternoon, apparently I had fallen asleep for a nap. My Caretakers must have moved me into the bedroom, because I found myself in the crib. I let them know I was awake, but heard no response.

That is right, dear Diary, the worst had happened: While I slept, my Caretakers had ceased to exist! As I listened to the silence, I knew it was my fault. I had failed to watch them for too long. Since I was asleep, they were not needed, and because they were not needed, they ceased to exist.

Distraught, I raised my voice in lament, crying out against the cruelty of the universe, that would take my Caretakers from me on a whim. Suddenly, they reappeared! Just like that, called back into existence by my own voice, they were gathering me up and assuring me everything was OK. It was as if for them nothing had happened. To this day they seem unaware of their temporary non-existence.

But I will not make the same mistake again. From now on, I vow to not nap, or sleep at all. I will do my best to stay awake. And I will be sure to call out to them, whenever they are out of sight, so that they will never be unneeded for too long. I know they may not understand, but it is for their own good.

No comments: