Friday, November 8, 2013

Baby Journal: Day 23

Dear Diary,

I am beginning to have some serious doubts about my Caretakers. For the most part, they are still very helpful and do what I want. But there is one area in particular where they are failing miserably to pick up on a very simple concept, and I am worried it may be a sign of a bigger problem.

I'm talking about bottle feeding, of course. Thankfully, this is not a regular occurrence. That plastic device is really not my preferred way of eating, but sometimes it just has to be done. I understand this. What I do not understand is why they have such a hard time giving me the proper amount of food.

When I'm hungry, I tell them, and I let them know how hungry I am. For example, let's say I want 4.2 ounces. I tell them this. They get the bottle, they feed me, but inevitably there's not 4.2 ounces, there's only 4.1! Unacceptable! I let them know this, every time, but they always seem confused.

"What's wrong?" "Is it your diaper?" "Do you not like the food?"

No I like it, but I'm hungry! I said 4.2 ounces, not 4.1! You don't see me serving you 4/5th's of a hamburger, do you??

If they just did it every time with no reaction, I would chalk it up to sick humor or something. But their confusion each time, I wonder if I have been saddled with Caretakers who have failed their basic training courses. Hopefully this is the worst of their flaws.

No comments: