Sunday, December 5, 2010

To My Children

I hope for restoration.
I dream of a perfect world.
For a place with no sadness.

A World Where
Parents do not share stories of their children's early deaths
Boards are not filled with pictures of the deceased
Candles are not lit in memory of those no longer with us
Families do not cry around hospital beds
And no one dies before they live.

When we meet there, you will say
"I'm glad you made it!"

When Death is dead
When Life is all that is left

No more tears of sadness
No moans of agony
No cries of lament
No more pain
No more loss.

When "why" is purely curious, and never means anything more:
Not a demand for justice
Not a demand for restoration
Not a cry from a broken heart.

When I make it there, I will say
"It's so good to meet you!"

No comments: