Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Age is Relative

The other night I was paged to help a family in the NICU contact the dad of the baby, because Dad is overseas with the military. I was sitting with the baby's grandma when one of the doctors came out to talk. The doctor is a fellow here, is also a board certified pediatrician, and was talking about certain technology and how it had been used in her time here. She was talking as though she'd been here a while, and Grandma looked at her, and asked her about that. Grandma said "because you look like you're about 18!" The doctor replied "Well, thank you! Because I just turned 30, so that feels good to hear!"

As she said that, I thought, yeah, that is good to hear. I usually hate it when people comment on how young I look. But since turning 30 I've realized, I don't mind it as much. I remember that whenever I've complained about being told I look so young, people would say "Well one day you'll like that people think you look young!" Maybe 30 is that magic age.

No comments: